Following procedures will be applied with respect to the passengers entering into Sri Lanka until further notice:
1. Quarantine Information:
- Sri Lanka has implemented mandatory quarantine for all travellers coming from or transiting through South Korea, Italy or Iran (irrespective of their nationality).
- Any passenger with symptoms (e.g. a fever) when passing through a thermal scanner will be directed to health authorities and held in isolation for further screening.
2. Entry requirements:
- Cruise ship passengers and crew will not be allowed to disembark.
- All travellers arriving in Sri Lanka, regardless or origin, must pass through temperature screeing and fill out a health declaration at the Bandaranaike International Airport (BIA).
- On arrival Electronic Travel Authorization (ETA) facility for foreigners arriving in Sri Lanka through Normal / Ordinary passports are temporarily suspended from 12.00 pm (Sri Lankan time) on 14th March 2020. (This decision is not valid for diplomatic, official or service passport holders)
- Foreigners are encouraged to visit Sri Lanka only if there is deemed necessity and visas should be obtained for such travels prior to the arrival via following means:
i) Online (through the ETA website www.eta.gov.lk)
ii) Respective Sri Lankan missions
iii) Head Office of the Department of Immigration and Emigration
Embassy of Sri Lanka, Berlin Germany, 12th March 2020