1. As per the health guidelines issued on 18th April 2022 by the Director General of Health Services, fully vaccinated travellers do not need to take pre-boarding and on arrival ( day 01) Covid-19 test (PCR or Rapid Antigen test) before travelling to Sri Lanka.
If the “required doses” of the COVID-19 vaccination are completed and depart from abroad two weeks after completion of vaccination, they will be considered as “Fully Vaccinated”. All travellers who have obtained COVID-19 vaccines should carry a proof of vaccination in English throughout their travel.
2. All Tourist visa and Foreign Passport Holders (excluding Diplomatic passport holders and family) require mandatory Sri Lanka COVID-19 Insurance coverage at a cost of USD 12 which has a cover of USD 75,000 for one month to be purchased online https://portal.pionline.lk/covidinsurance/ or on arrival.
The COVID 19 Insurance coverage is not required to board an aircraft but upon landing in Sri Lanka, he/she must purchase the policy prior to leaving the respective airport in Sri Lanka.
3. Sri Lankan passport holders do not require the COVID-19 Insurance coverage when traveling to Sri Lanka.
4. It is not required to submit Health Declaration Forms.
5. Dual citizens are considered as Sri Lankans.
Upul Dharmadasa, Civil Aviation Authority of Sri Lanka, Chairman